Starting a Business: Step 9

Hiring Employees


Contact the New Hampshire Employment Security and the New Hampshire Department of Labor.

  • You must register with New Hampshire Employment Security to cover unemployment benefits. We recommend that you review their Employer Handbook and read about the rights and responsibilities of employers who are subject to the New Hampshire Unemployment Compensation Law (RSA 282-A).

  • NH Department of Labor: Visit their Business Section to learn the labor laws which you must know as a business in the state of New Hampshire. You may also obtain free mandatory posters and free training for your staff on the New Hampshire labor laws and rules.